We report on progress of the Multi Unit Spectroscopic Explorer (MUSE), a second generation VLT panoramic integral field spectrograph. MUSE is now in its final phase of integration, testing and validation in Europe. The instrument is described and some results of its measured performance are shown.
In the same section :
- MUSE Alignment onto VLT
- IFU Simulator : A Powerful Alignment and Performance Tool for MUSE instrument
- MUSE Field Splitter Unit : Fan-shaped Separator for 24 Integral Field Units
- MUSE Integral Field Unit: Test results on the first out of 24
- MUSE Image Slicer: Test results on largest slicer ever manufactured
- New Science Opportunities Offered by MUSE